The VACPCS will not exist without volunteers
We will need a large commitment from community volunteers to ensure that the VACPCS is a safe and welcoming space for community members. Like the other CPCs in Vancouver, our Centre cannot operate without volunteers to assist us. Therefore our coordinator will spend a large time recruiting volunteers.
The VACPCS needs volunteers to help with everything from greeting visitors, to office work, to developing workshops and programs. Volunteer opportunities will include helping with various duties such as:
- Administrative duties including typing, filing, checking messages, ect
- Developing and/or supervising programs or initiatives
- Greeting visitors, answering phones, or tidying the office
- Website development and updates
- Developing and writing newsletters
- Developing marketing materials and strategies fundraising
- researching resource materials
- Participating in justice and safety projects throughout the community, such as graffiti cleanup, safety checks, cleanups, speed watch, or block watch
- Developing and/or facilitating workshops on cross-cultural training for the VPD and others, arrest procedures, your rights when being questioned or detained by police, safety issues, engaging youth in community activities, and others.
For more information on volunteering contact John Sakamoto-Kramer: