In all program development VACPC seeks to:
- Offer cultural, educational and recreational activities
- Connect youth with culture through healthy Elders, role-models and other community resources
- Strengthen cultural skills and identity; and personal resilience and responsibility
- Avoid crime through social development by engaging youth in community events and activities
- Build inter-cultural relationships among the Vancouver Police Department and aboriginal youth
The Youth Programs run on:
- Wednesdays at the Urban Native Youth Association
- Thursdays at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre.
- Cultural healing practices
- Cultural arts, Silk Screening, digital media
- Group outings
An initiative to bring awareness to the impacts and social challenges that result from the continued oppression of Aboriginal people.
VACPC creates and delivers programs focusing on safety, security and crime prevention for Aboriginal women.
Creating programs and services for Aboriginal families in Vancouver is a cornerstone of our work.
Together with partners, we bring you a small grant for Indigenous individuals living in Metro Vancouver Communities.